Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Getting Ready For The Big Show

The New York International Auto Show is right around the corner. It's the biggest local show in my part of the woods and I'll be there. I can still remember the first time I went to the show in Manhattan. I was in my teens and my father and I made the trek into the city to check it out. It was 1989 and it just so happened to be the year that Dodge unveiled the original Viper Concept. That car blew me away. I must have taken an entire roll of film (remember that stuff?) of just the Viper. It was great. I think I still have the pictures somewhere. I'll have to take a look for them and scan a few to post up here.

I've been going to the show pretty regularly since then. This year will be my 7th in a row and now I get to bring my son and my wife with me. This year the show is kind of early, running from March 21 - 30 at the Jacob Javits Center. It's usually a pretty good show with at least a few manufacturers unveiling new production or concept models. I'll be there on Monday March 24 as it has become much more enjoyable to take a week day off from work as to avoid the ridiculous crowds on the weekends. I'll make sure to get plenty of pictures.

More info on the NY International Auto Show here: http://www.autoshowny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment