Monday, May 10, 2010

Project Miata update #4

Still enjoying the hell out of my 1994 Miata that I picked up about a year and a half ago.  I've been adding things to it here and there to make it better to drive and look at.  Recently, I picked up a used set of rims and tires to compliment the lowered stance of the car on it's new suspension and to improve the handling over the mismatched set of tires on the OEM rims.

The wheels are lightweight (11.8lbs each) Konig Minuz and measure 15x6.5.  Mounted on them is a lightly used set of Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires in 205/50/15.  The ride has been transformed and is so much smoother than with the old tires.  The handling is also improved though I've yet to really test it.  The best part of it was that they were less than half the price of buying new.  Sweet!

Here's a couple of pictures of the car with it's new shoes.  You can also see the Miata R Package front lip I installed last year.

Stealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment