Thursday, June 24, 2010

Goodbye Civic, We Hardly Knew You

The time has come for us to part ways with our 2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe.  We bought the car new and neither my wife nor I really bonded with it.  As a commuter/appliance type car it was fine at what it did--get you where you were going.  Unfortunately there was no joy involved in the journey.  All in all, the car was just a bad choice for us.  It was a mistake plain and simple.  It didn't have the luxury or features my wife wanted, it didn't have the driver involvement and enjoyment I wanted, and it certainly didn't have the space for the three of us now that our 16 year old son is approaching 6' tall and still growing.  The result was to trade it in on an older but familiar car.

If you have read any of my blog you may remember that we leased a 2006 Acura TSX for a couple of years and my wife and I really liked it.  In fact, we wanted to keep it but the lease buyout was way overpriced in my opinion.  Flash forward to this past weekend and we were at an Acura dealership trading in our Civic with only 6200 miles on it for a certified 2007 TSX with 37,000 miles on it.  Everyone is now happier and we got a decent deal on the car.  My only complaint is the trade in value we received for the Civic which in my eyes is still practically brand new.  Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment