Thursday, May 1, 2008

S2000s at the Tail of the Dragon / Deal's Gap

Here is a cool video of some Honda S2000s having some fun at the Tail of the Dragon. I'm always searching Google video for new videos of cars, mostly S2000s or MX5/Miatas since I'm obsessed with these cool little roadsters. Some time soon I'll have one of them for myself. I'd prefer the S2000 but they are a bit pricier than the Miata. You can get an early model Miata for only a few grand and have tons of fun.

Anyway I thought the video was cool for a couple of reasons. First it's just some real nice, safe driving. These guys aren't doing anything crazy but they are having a good time. Sure they are technically exceeding the speed limit but they are never out of control or putting anyone at risk. They never cross the double yellow and never tailgate slower vehicles they encounter. Most of the time the slower vehicle moves over when it can and these guys give them a wave and a beep as thanks. I also love the teamwork they show in keeping an eye open for the Fuzz.

I've tried a couple of times to plan a detour to the Dragon but plans have fallen through. Some day I'll get to take a ride on this wonderful road myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment