Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Project Miata update #3

Well, it took a lot longer to get all the parts I needed, a month in fact. Finally, last week I received the last of my parts and started getting busy. I assembled the shocks and springs during the week and then installed everything on Saturday. Luckily, there were no major issues with the install and I finished up by about 4:00 PM.

I was so excited I took the car out with my son for about an hour after dinner. All I can say is WOW! What a difference the shocks and springs make. The car is so much better now that the new parts are on and installed correctly. My only problem is that the previous owner must have lost a shock mount nut while doing his shoddy install of the suspension that was in there. Unfortunately he replaced it with an incorrect nut and washer which, when I attempted to re-torque it tonight, completely stripped all of it's threads. So now I need a replacement nut for the shock mount before I can drive the car again.

No comments:

Post a Comment