Monday, April 25, 2011

2011 New York International Auto Show

Took a trip Friday to check out opening day of the 2011 NY Auto Show.  Left a bit disappointed because I didn't get to spend as much time checking out what I wanted and my pictures didn't come out too great (first time using a new camera at the show).  I decided to invite some family to come along with my son and I so it was a bit hectic but I think everyone had a good time, especially my 4 year old nephews.

Anyway, on to the highlights.

Ford had a nice display this year with some hot stuff like Ken Block's Fiesta and a sweet looking Focus ST-R.  Lots of Mustangs including the new Boss 302 and some nicely done up V6 Stangs.



Dodge brought out the new Charger SRT8 which looked really good.



Mazda had the Minagi Concept in an amazing color that gave my camera fits.  They have announced that the new CX-5 will be based on this concept.  They also had a special Miata made up to celebrate the model's 20th birthday and a really cool Mazda 2 built for racing.



Toyota showed the new line of Prius models and over at Scion they showed the latest FT-86 concept, the Scion FR-S.  It was definitely one of the bigger hits of the show and another car with a crazy color that made my camera have a seizure.



Hyundai/Kia had some good stuff as well including the new Genesis R-Spec sedan and a prototype Veloster.



Audi had an R8 GT on display and a US version TT-RS.



Saab brought out the PhoeniX concept.



Lotus had their cars on display including the new Esprit Concept.  There was a big crowd around this one.



Jaguar had the XK-RS on display.  Mean looking.



Michael Strahan was there checking out some Bentleys.  I guess he didn't want to go to the dealership.



BMW didn't have an M3 on display, at least I couldn't find one, but they did have the new 1 Series M Coupe.  They also had the new 6 Series Convertible and the turbo 4cyl powered Z4.  Sadly, no M5 Concept.



Mercedes rolled out a Gulf Livery colored SLS along with many other AMG cars.



This year GM moved their entire display over to another building.  First time I've seen that in NY.  All GM manufacturers were represented there.  Cadillac had a CTS-V "Black Diamond Edition" on display and I have to say that the paint is quite stunning.  I'd be real worried about it getting scratched though.  Buick had a Regal GS on display and Chevy had the Camaro ZL1.  Oh, and the new CTS-V Coupe racecar.





No comments:

Post a Comment